Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mourning Sunset

He taught us to be happy,
but we needed to learn to be sad correctly.
So he fell asleep to a requiem lullaby,
because gravestones are the greatest chalkboards ever made.

He was my crutch,
my fifth limb.
I needed to learn to walk on broken legs
to feel the bone protrusions for my own good.
So You swept him out from under me.
I failed to recall that there is a joy meter,
It must be fed pain coins on the hour
I needed reminding.
If good things last,
then their goodness fades
like laugh lines at the coming of a long expected frown.
Surely I did not want that to happen?

Reasons fly like flurrying snowflakes
landing at random
as perfect pieces to the wrong puzzle;
pairs of ones that never add up to two.
Perhaps when we go beyond width, length, and height
everything will equate so flawlessly,
but this is the day when mathematics fails us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment