Friday, January 22, 2010

I am like the waters

I am like the waters

I stream in rivulets

Down paths of stone and earth

Carved from the faces of the past

Rushing past the mountain trees


I see her


Wild raging exulting vaporizing

Her crackling tongues of flame

Tasted everything, left it to die

Brightly


She danced amongst the treetops

She dove into the loam of the woods

Leaped through the heated air so unstoppably

Danced upon my waves

And died

Leaving me with smoke as I travel to the sea

2 comments:

  1. One reason I appreciate your poetry so much is that it is complex enough that I get to read it more than once, and then I sit, nod my head, and smile.

    Well done, my english teacher would applaud you for strong verb usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're not talking about grandma death, are you?

    I like it. I agree with Raquel, it's enough to make you re-read it a couple of times. If you ever wrote a whole book in your poetry form I would be entertained for months.

    ReplyDelete